Our first squares!!

Our first squares!!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

We just got back from New York City for the wedding shower for our son and his fiance. I gave them the afghan and they were very excited. I miss it here at our house but know I am making another one.

How is everyone coming? I've heard from a couple of you lately and it sounds like progress is being made. Just wanted to remind you all of class next Tuesday evening at 6:00. We will be working on the Ginette Belanger square. It is really a fun square to do. Please bring your book or enlarged copies of the pattern, stitch markers, and one needle size up from what the book says (or your determined gauge). Comment here if you have any questions. I hope we can all actually work on the square to start with and get past row 4 or 5 of Chart B. That part is the most confusing so we will work through it together. See you next Tuesday!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The afghan is really amazing mom! Thank you so much again for it. It's so warm I need to find some way to keep it on my lap at all times! Looking forward to winter now. We love it!

Donna said...

Thanks for sharing the picture, Beth. It helps me imagine my completed afghan and inspires me to keep going. See you Tuesday!

Donna

Anonymous said...

Well I am giving this another try Beth! I am just about done with my square! I am not clear about the needle size. If we had a size 7 on our 4" square for this pattern, are you saying we need a size 8 for the next square. I believe the needle size in the book was a size 6. Thanks Jan Looking forward to Tuesday night!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say in the other note that the questions about the needle size for the square is for the Ginette Belanger square. Jan

Beth said...

So glad your are about done with your square. Exciting! Hope this next blog answers your question about the needle size needed. See you Tuesday!