Our first squares!!

Our first squares!!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Just a reminder about your gauge. Even if you think you have the right size needles from your original gauge swatch, make sure you double check your size of the square after you have knitted a few rows. You want to make sure you have about 12" across. If you are way off, you may need to start over with a different size of needle. It will curl up a little as you are knitting and it will block to 12" even if you are at 11" as you are knitting. If it is bigger than 12 1/2"-13", you need a smaller needle. If you have any questions, please ask.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Yeah for Betty! It looks fabulous! Hope everyone else is getting along fine?

Anonymous said...

Well, my dream of mastering aran knitting was on my bucket list..........it may wind up being my "bucket!" LOL! I finally have mastered 10 rows without having to rip it out. I think I have knit the square the equivalent of three times. Artie says he would have given up long ago. I am on the 1/2 half of the repeat pattern and have learned many things not to do on future squares! I am really impressed Betty that you have completed you square and it looks great!! Jan